If you have doubt or just looking How to Perform Eid Salah and you are searching some information to ensure performing correct Eid Prayer. Then have a look to our this handy Step By Step Guide.
There are two Eid prayers in Arabic calendar year which all Muslim perform together. Eid prayers are special prayers that called Eid-ul-Fitr and Eid-ul-Adha. Eid-ul-Fitr falls on next day after ending the Holy month Ramadan while Eid-ul-Adha comes on 10th Zul hijjah. Words which recited in these prayers are same that recite in daily prayers except including 6 more takbeers. Read Step By Step Guide lines to perform correctly Perform Eid Salah.
Table of Contents
How to Perform Eid Salah – Step By Step Guide
The Eid Prayers sometime confused us because it comes twice a year. As human being we are all forgot How to Perform Eid Salah. It’s necessary to refresh our memories before start praying. Follow the steps bellow for offering Eid prayers and also read some other relevant sunnah of Eids prayer.
Before you Start To Perform Eid Salah
- It is Sunnah to take shower (Ghusal) and wear a your good clothes before going to Eid Prayers. Not necessary to have new clothes but it should neat and clean.
- It is also Sunnah to recite takbeer after leaving your house. While you are travelling to the Eid prayer. This is takbeer: Allahu Akbar Allahu Akbar Allahu Akbar. La ilaaha illallahu, wallaahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, wa lillaahil hamd.
اللہ اکبر اللہ اکبر اللہ اکبر لا الہ الا اللہ، واللہ اکبر، اللہ اکبر، و للہ الحمد۔
There are no nafl prayers offered before or after the Eid prayer.
Ibn Abbas (ra) said, ‘The Prophet (saw) went out to the place of prayer on the Day of Fitr and prayed two raka’ah of Eid prayer, not praying before or after them’[Bukhari]
Perform Eid Salah
Just like with other prayers, remember to make your niyah before you start. This intention must be present in the heart. You can read niyah in Arabic or any other language which you feel better. Deference between normal prayers niya and Perform Eid Salah Niya is to recite “with all takbeer or with 6/12 additional takbeers” However, if you wish to verbalize it too, you can do so as follows.
‘I intend to pray two raka’ah of the Eid al-Fitr/Eid al-Adha with all takbeers, prayer for Allah, facing to the Ka’bah, behind this imam’.
When you reach earlier, can sit anywhere in the mosque or prayer area for Eid Salah but avoid to passing over the people.
How Many Takbeer in Eid Prayer
During normal prayers, ‘takbeer’ is said only once, but for the offering Eid Prayers, you have to say ‘takbeer’ 12 times in two rak’ahs. Also read how to pray eid prayer at home hanafi.
Steps By Steps How to Perform Eid Salah
The First Raka;h
- Now start your prayers by lifting the hands till earlobes for men and up to the shoulders for women and saying Takbir “Allah O Akbar”. You have to do this after the imam does same and he will say “Allah O Akbar”. Then, place your right hand on your left, just below the naval. Women should place their hands on their chests.
- Recite opening supplication: SubhanaK-Allahumma wa bihamdiKa, wa tabaarak-asmuKa, wa ta-’aala jadduKa, wa la ilaaha illa ghayruK. This means: O Allah, glory and praise are for You, and blessed is Your Name, and exalted is Your Majesty and there is no god but You.
- Now comes the main thing that differentiates the Eid prayer from other prayers! The Imam will now recite multiple takbeers to start the prayer. For each takbeer, raise your hands up to your ears/shoulders and then let them fall to your sides.
- The number of takbeers will vary depending on the Imam. A Hanafi Imam will say takbeer three times. But typically, your Imam will run through the amount of takbeers prior to the start of the prayer, so pay attention!
- Now that the takbeers are over, place your right hand over your left on your chest/below your navel, as you would normally do while praying. Now the Imam will recite Surah al-Fatihah followed by another surah.
- The rest of the rak’ah will be prayed the same as your normal compulsory prayers. If you’re a beginner, please see our blog about how to perform Salah. If not, continue reading!
The Second Rak’ah
In the second rak’ah, the Imam will recite Surah al-Fatihah followed by another surah.
- After this Qur’an recitation, the Imam will recite multiple takbeers again! Remember, for each takbeer, raise your hands to your ears/shoulders and let them fall to your side. A Hanafi Imam will recite three takbeers, but other Imams will be different, so pay attention.
- When the takbeers are over, go down into a bowing position (ruku).
- The rest of the rak’ah will be the same as your normal compulsory prayers.
- After the prayer, the Imam will address to the people by a khutbah (sermon). Khutba will be in arabic. This can last anywhere from around 15-30 minutes, during which the Imam will address important Islamic issues. It is essential that you listen to the sermon.
After you finish
Another thing – take a different way while returning to home after offering eid prayers from which way you went for prayer. The people you carry testify that you attended this prayer on the day of judgment.
Abu Hurra described that when the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) will go for Eid (prayer), he will take a different way to him who used to come. [Ibn Majah]
Read also: Zakat ki Ahmiat in Islam and Definition of Zakat
Some Further Notable Things in Eid Salat
Just a few more things need to know for both Eid Prayers.
Sunnah to eat something before prayer, usually sweet things like palm. ‘
The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not leave for Eid al-Fitr until he eat … [Ahmed]
You must pay your zakat al-Fitr (fitrana) before praying Eid, so the poor can be fed on the day of Eid. Zakat al-Fitr is obligatory on every member of your home, including children and elders, and can not be ignored. Even if any guest is coming to your house at night, it is obligatory to give it to you. This order is only for Eid al-Fitr (immediately after Ramadan)
It is Sunnah and recommended to give a Qurbani ( slaughter a Halal Animal) after praying Eid Ul Adha. There three days in which you can give your qurbani, Zulhijjah 10, 11 and 12. But the 1st day of Eid (Zulhijjah 10) is the best for qurbani.
This is because the Prophet (saw) said, ’Whoever slaughtered the sacrifice before offering the Eid prayer, should slaughter another sacrifice in its place; and whoever has not slaughtered their sacrifice yet, should slaughter now′.[Bukhari]
As soon as we sacrificed the animals, we will divide meat into three equal parts.
One part of the meat begin to distributing to the poor families. Second part distributed to our relatives while third part kept for our home. how do ladies pray eid namaz
We hope you find the article How to Perform Eid Salah – Step By Step Guide helpful. Also will share it with your friends and relatives.
Eid salah for ladies hanafi,